- Continued from Daily Dose for Feb 23, 2011 Sue Ann got on the great library...
- Continued from the Daily Dose for Feb 17th Yummy! She asked for help! Who ...
- Continued from Daily Dose for Feb 16th I am a Fat Head The bad fats and t...
- Continued from Daily Dose Feb 15th Oil and Blood While the statins can be ...
- Continued from Daily Dose for Feb 14th..... Everything that I am going to...
Rapid Medical Weight Loss | Kokomo, Indiana | Dr. Michelle Haendiges' Weight Loss Center
How Do You Measure Up?
Did you know that your waist circumference alone is a predictor of your risk of Diabetes?
Did you know that being on a statin drug increases your risk of Diabetes? There is NO Magic Pill for Every Ill! There NEVER will be so quit waiting for it!
If you want the answers and the science behind these two questions, come to my Weight Management Seminar on Tuesday at 5:30 at my office! These answers, and more, are waiting for you at our popular Weight Management Seminar each week. If you have a medical problem that can be resolved with just 10% weight loss, you are entitled to a 20% discount on the Tuesday night seminar! Don’t Bury Your Head In The Sand! For more information or call 765-459-8248 to enroll today. Seating is very limited! Act NOW!
- If you need to lose weight.
- If you need to lose a large amount of weight: Over 20 pounds you will need to utilize the guidance of a specialist because of the physiological changes that can occur.
- If you have any chronic health conditions.
- If you are on medications for hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol medications or any other chronic conditions.
- If you have not succeeded at other attempts and you are tired of going from one yo-yo diet to the next.
- If you have any medical disabilities that hamper your attempts to exercise.
- If you fear failure and you want the supportive, educational, and experienced staff that Dr. Haendiges and her team of specialized nursing staff can help you.
- If you lack comprehensive knowledge on how to eat, when to eat, and what to eat. If you desire a deeper understanding of your body and why the odds in many ways are stacked against you.
- If you want to understand the keys to successful and permanent weight loss.
- If you want to belong to a group of people that understand what it is like. Everybody at Dr. Haendiges' Medical Weight Loss has been overweight and obese. We have taken control of our weight problems and want to see you accomplish your goals too. This team wants to share with you the keys to successful permanent medical weight loss.
There are certainly some medical exams that need to be done. As part of the progress, most everyone will get an EKG and lab work. We draw standard labs but we also look a little closer at the thyroid as well as some other markers for inflammation and nutrition. We may do frequent labs as we go depending on the individual. An otherwise healthy person may not need to have any repeat labs. That is the beauty of our medically supervised program. We care about the individual and follow the medical progress. We want you to lose the weight quickly and safely. Our goal is your significant reduction in medical risks factors. We want you to live while you are living.
Whole-body health is integral to Haendiges’ gynecology practice
Tipton , IN - Patients who see gynecologist Michelle Haendiges, MD, may be surprised to get advice about their health habits along with conventional forms of treatment. But spend even a few minutes with Haendiges, and you’ll quickly see how it all fits together. She should know—she was her own first patient.
Five years and 86 pounds ago, Haendiges was scrubbing for a delivery when she realized how exhausted and ill she felt. She had all but lost her voice, which had been written off as a gastric reflux problem. That didn’t make sense to her, so she started researching her situation. What evolved from that was an entirely new focus to her practice.
Today Haendiges’ goal is to treat the cause of a problem, not just the disease. And, ideally, she wants to prevent the problem to begin with.
So, if someone comes into her office complaining of heavy monthly bleeding, she’ll gladly discuss the ablative surgery she can do—as well as health strategies (including weight reduction, when appropriate) to ameliorate the problem.
“I don’t care what a person’s weight is per se, Haendiges explains. “But I do care deeply that obesity greatly increases a person’s risk of infertility, breast and uterine cancers, fibroids, heavy bleeding and endometriosis.”
Haendiges quit the obstetrics portion of her practice to become board certified in bariatric medicine, then completed further training to learn best practices for risk reduction. “Mammograms and PAP smears are early detection tools for problems that already exist,” she notes. “But taking vitamin D, for example, can reduce one’s risk of developing those problems in the first place.”
And that’s the key.
Haendiges, a skilled surgeon, is proficient in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques, including laparoscopic hysterectomies, which can get patients back to work a week after surgery. But she’d rather keep her patients so well that they don’t need her surgical skills to begin with. Her holistic approach to women’s health blends the best of technology with individualized regimens that may include prescriptions for bio-identical hormones and pharmaceutical-grade vitamins, as well as coaching on behavior modification, food choices and painless ways to sneak exercise into one’s day.
Haendiges clicks off the downward spiral of events that can affect our health before we’re even aware of it. Bad food choices contribute to our body storing toxins. Weight gain enables fat cells to store more toxins. That creates a pro-inflammatory environment—the predecessor of many diseases, including most of today’s leading causes of death. Haendiges’ mission is to help patients understand this so they can take better care of their bodies.
Haendiges practices surgery at Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital two days per week and maintains offices in Tipton, Cicero and Kokomo . She also devotes one day a week to weight-loss coaching.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Haendiges, call 765.459.8000
Additional Information for Scheduling an Appointment with Dr. Michelle Haendiges
Indiana University Health Medical Offices at Tipton
1060 South Main Street, Suite 5
Tipton, IN 46072
Office Hours: Monday Mornings
Indiana University Health Medical Offices at Cicero
1160 S. Peru St. S.R. 19
Cicero , IN 46034
Office Hours: Wednesday Afternoons
Did you know?
* Americans spend over 50% of their food budget on meals outside of the home
* Portion sizes over the past 15 years has increased significantly in restaurants.
* Over 67% of the adult American population is obese or overweight.
* Caloric intake from soft drinks has increased by 135% per person since 1977
* Regular soda has about 150 calories per 12 ounces
To Your Health
We Are Your 1st Choice for Weight Loss Dr. Haendiges uses the latest techniques available in the field. Hundreds of patients from all over Indiana have already seen great success with our programs and you will too! With high quality nutritional products available only to medical doctors and the latest FDA-approved prescription weight loss medications, we have an advantage over every commercial program when it comes to helping you lose weight. Patients have lost over 10,000 pounds on our proven system.
Each patient is treated as an individual with customized medical weight loss programs, personal counseling, and careful monitoring designed to help them achieve both short and long term goals.
Our primary goal is to assist you in reaching your target weight quickly and easily but our focus is for you to permanently maintain your weight loss.
If you are serious about losing weight, you will find Dr. Haendiges to be an expert in subjects of obesity, nutrition, fitness, prescription medication, exercise, behavior motivation, weight loss counseling and weight related illness.
Webinars on HEALTH
Full day seminar with Dr. Haendiges on August 4th, 2011. Topics will be all topics that are related to health and wellness. This includes hormones, weight loss and weight gain, obesity, metabolic syndrome, food sensitivities, thyroid imbalances and disorders, and many, many other topics! Register now! You will see the link below! Seating will be limited so please put your name on the list below!
Also announcing WEBINARS ON HEALTH! This is a medical webinar series that is conducted by Dr. Haendiges. It is available to everyone--all you have to do is just sign up!
I look forward to these sessions and I think you will find them to be incredibly valuable!
To your health,
If you know for certain that you are READY to attend this Inaugural Event, then click on this link: http://medicalseminars.kajabi.com/sales_pages/5812-seminar-full-day?pt=eYsgjVxE4sKpC4pijx2&art=http://www.kajabi.com/admin/funnels/9394
Research proves that we do not have all of the essential minerals and vitamins in our food. In fact, we are no longer eating our "designed" diet. As Hunters and Gatherers, we are now only hunting at the grocery store. We consume tons of garbage a year and expect our bodies to operate just fine. I ask you this question: "What is the difference between food and medicine?' If I gave you a cheeseburger straight out of the bag, you most likely would eat it. However, if I handed you 5 pills, even from me, most likely you would not take them! Food is medicine!
Do you ever experience side effects from medicine? Sure, it is possible. Have you ever thought that maybe the reason you don't feel well is because you don't eat well. Would you expect your car to run great if you put in bad gas? Of course not! Then why, might I ask, do you expect "your engine" to run great? It really is kind of silly, isn't it?
Take charge of your health!
Inform yourself! If you want more information then please, send us your email and name. As always, I assure you, your email and name will NEVER be shared! I respect your privacy and I respect your health!
To your health,